THANK YOU FOR VISITING US! WE HAVE REACHED 3,000,000 MILLION VIEWS!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Piolo not ready for marriage

Posted/Original/Published By: STARtriga.blogspot.com

Piolo Pascual has a new album under Star Records titled Decades (The Best Love Songs of the '50s, '60s and '70s). The handsome actor-singer is very excited since it's his first time to do an all-standards album.

"That's where the excitement lies. It's so nice to record standards after my previous albums where most of the cuts are heart-tugging or highly emotional. With Decades, all the tracks are easy-listening and very relaxed. This is my sixth album for Star Records and I'm proud to co-produce it with them," he states.

This early, many say he'll give crooner Richard Poon stiff competition and might even eclipse him considering his popularity with the fans.

"Oh no, I don't want to entertain that thought! Richard is a friend. We're not competitors. We go to the same church. In fact, he's even teaching me on how to improve my singing style. I'll always look up to him so please, no comparisons."

Looking back, Piolo didn't imagine he'd go singing professionally.

"When I was a part of the youth-oriented musical variety show That's Entertainment, I was very shy to perform and was always at the back. But when I went to the States and stayed there for two years, I realized I wanted to pursue my showbiz career. So when I made a comeback, I wasn't just able to develop my acting but tap my vocal prowess as well. Now, I enjoy it to the hilt," he shares.

The album contains songs from the '50s, '60s and '70s eras. Piolo personally chose the songs like "I'll Be Seeing You," "Beyond the Sea," "True Love," among others, and "Babe," which is like the promotional track of the album.

Talking about his own state of affairs, he said, "Love and marriage will come! At this point, I would like to savor my peak years in the 'biz. I can't give my potential partner time. It'll be unfair for her. Let's just wait for the right time. I'm already 32 now. Of course, I would also love to settle down before I reach 40. But I would admit that someone inspires me these days."

Everybody in the press was dumbfounded and couldn't say a word.